WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide to Us
• In order to use the Site, activate your Device and receive the Broadband Services, you will need to create an account (an “Account”). When you register for an account, we collect personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”), which may include, but is not limited to, your: name, email address, user name and password, credit card or debit card information, business address, telephone number, shipping address, and billing address. You may choose not to provide your Personal Information; however, we need this information to provide you with, and activate, your Device and Broadband Services.
• When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not in your email address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with any profile information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
• When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content including in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations, we may need additional information as part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
• We may also collection Personal Information at other points on our Site that state that Personal Information is being collected.
Information Collected Via Technology
• Cookies. Like many other Web sites, our Site may at any time, in our discretion, use “cookies” or other tracking mechanisms to help us recognize visitors when they return to the Site or as they move among the different portions of the Site or to collect personal or individually identifiable information.
• Web Beacons. In addition, we use Web Beacons (also referred to as clear Gifs, Pixel tags or Web bugs). Web Beacons are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Web Beacons also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gather by Web Beacons to our users’ Personal Information.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies
We may receive Personal Information and/or anonymous information about you from companies that provide our Broadband Services by way of a co-branded or private –labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Information. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site and Broadband Services in order to provide and improve the Broadband Services we provide.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR PAYMENT INFORMATION.
All information that you provide to us or our third party payment processor must be accurate, current and complete. If you wish to dispute a charge by mail or telephone please contact us at [email@example.com]. In the event of an unauthorized charge using a debit card or electronic check, please consult your bank’s rules regarding refunds and reversals. Unifi complies with all legal requirements of your State’s applicable laws regarding providing refunds for unauthorized charges.
USE OF INFORMATION.
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We you Personal Information in the following ways:
• Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• Identify you as a user in our system;
• Provide improved administration of our Site and services;
• Provide the services you request;
• Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and services;
• Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-email address provided when your Account was created;
• Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
• To solicit feedback; and
• Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of Unifi.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
Information You Share
Our Sites allow you to share your actions, comments, content and other information publicly. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you share about them.
Information We Share
We disclose your Personal Information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy.
• Third Parties Designated by You. We may share or transfer your Personal Information as directed to do so by you (for example, in providing it to an ISP to set up your account).
• Third Party Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with third party service providers: for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented; to provide you with the Broadband Services that we offer you through our Site and Devices; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to provide other services to Unifi. For example, sometimes a third party vendor may have access to your Personal Information in order to support our information technology or help compile and manage the data. All Unifi third party service providers operate under federal and state laws regarding consumer privacy. Unifi is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties, however, including vendors and third party service providers.
• Legal Requirements. We may also disclose Personal Information about you as required or permitted by law, including to comply with legal process (for example, we may disclose your information as necessary to comply with an authorized civil, criminal or regulatory investigation).
• Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your Personal Information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
• Other Disclosures. We may, in our sole discretion, share or transfer your Personal Information to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Site, to protect our business or reputation, to take precautions against legal liability, in the event of a business transition (see below), to protect and defend our rights or property, for required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, inquiries or complaints with respect to your use of the Site. We may sell or transfer aggregate data that does not identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES.
You should know that while visiting the Site, you can be directed, through links, to other websites that are beyond Unifi’s control. Unifi is not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of such websites.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
• Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. If you have any reason to believe that Personal Information about you that is stored and maintained by us is incorrect, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may also request deletion of your Personal Information, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
• Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU?
CHANGES TO POLICY.
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your Personal Information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Broadband Service. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Information to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your Personal Information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Site or Broadband Service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
If you have any questions or suggestions about the Site, Unifi, or our privacy practices, please contact us at ______@Uni.fi.